Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hanging around the airport.

In Jeddah, safe and sound, and now stuck. There's no way to get a transit visa for Saudi at the airport, so here I am, in the terminal for 12 hours. It's just started, and I'm miserable. From now on direct flights, don't care what it costs. Luckily Aisha and Cayden aren't here, they would be beside themselves.

There's a single coffee shop and sandwich bar. At least the airline gave me a voucher for dinner. Small victories right?

I tried to be classy and confident and walk into the first class lounge. Turns out I'm not that classy!

Speaking of classy, I have discovered the squatter! It's actually cleaner here to use because of the whole Muslim shower system. Regular toilets get really gross. And of course. No toilet paper! I left all mine in checked baggage. But I'm not complaining. I actually travel well, and am adjusting. Have actually made friends with a couple of desi guys. Good to know Urdu.

So if someone, anyone is free. Skype me or email me. I'm so fricking bored.

1 comment: